Meeting of January 11, 2024

January 11, 2024

Minutes Recorded by: Francis Ko

Visitor(s): Dr. Conn

Call to Order at 11:17 AM

PPT Farmer prays

Roll Called

Minutes approved at 11:18

Officer Reports:

Committee Reports:

Chairman Robinson: I'm trying to get ice cream up and running this week. I would appreciate some help buying ice cream today since I have something going on. Anytime today before 5

VP Byrne: Are we doing ice cream or hot cocoa?

Chairman Robinson: A surprising amount of people still want ice cream, so we are doing ice cream.

Chairman Ko: I can talk about bigger stuff later, but I need help distributing flyers for the IMPACT event.

Chairman Hancock: Amendment is still being worked on. VP position is open, if anyone is considering it, please attend the IMPACT meeting next Wednesday. We also need help for elections season.

Dr. Conn: I believe there was discussion about changing some of the stuff. Are we doing this the old way or the new way?

Chairman Hancock: The only significant change is the write-in candidate process, but that can be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Dr. Conn: I heard about primaries, but do those changes take effect?

Chairman Hancock: No

Chairman Smith: Budgets will be do January 24th, so please let everyone know. I will send emails out. The big meeting would be on January 27th. I will need people there for that. If we can get a lot of people, it would be nice to knock it out quickly.

VP Byrne: Do we have a club and orgs meeting during the spring or is it just a fall thing?

Dr. Conn: I will check with Hannah Eisen.

VP Byrne: I think it is a good idea to have one in the spring. People always forget things in the spring.

New Business:

Motion to bring a bill to the floor.

Ice Cream Bill brought up.

Ice Cream Bill passes.

Motion to bring a bill to the floor.

Wrestling Club Funding bill brought up.

PPT Farmer: Are we taking their amount out of the total club funding budget?

VP Byrne: Yes

PPT Farmer: Will they still be in the main bill?

VP Byrne: No, it's just to avoid confusion.


Chairman Ko: IMPACT Informational Event on Wednesday, January 17th at 7:00PM in the Student Center Great Room.

VP Byrne: Everything potatos. If you want to go to a spring break mission trip, apply quickly! The exec cab formal has been announced.

Senator Keyes: Send me songs for a silent disco playlist!

Open Forum:

Chairman Ko: I had an idea for a Senate project at this good Christian school. Senate should fund an umbrella rental program. We could put branded umbrellas in common areas and dorms so that people could use one if it rains.

VP Byrne: I would be incredibly down to run the numbers on that.

Senator Kushner: How are the spickets going?

Dr. Conn: It turns out the form is complicated to fill out.

VP Byrne: Anymore ideas for Senate?

Chairman Hancock: This isn't a project but what's up with the quesadillas at the Hive?

VP Byrne: We haven't been able to have a meeting on it, but Bon Appetit has had some improvements, so we don't want to immediately bash them.

Senator Keyes: We're working on a pamphlet version of the handbook and are asking about visitation opinions.

VP Byrne: I still have to run this by people, but last semester, pickle ball was really popular on campus. We're thinking about getting some pickleball courts manufactured on campus. It's really not that expensive.


Motion to recess.

Meeting recessed at 11:43